Ace Utilities v5.6

Suggest new features for future releases, participate in beta tests and share the results
FAM07

Re: Ace Utilities v5.6

Post by FAM07 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:42 pm

hari wrote:
FAM07 wrote:Another thing that i was noted, on Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, is that Erase Your History dialog shows the Firefox item when it is not installed
Are there any other browsers like Pale Moon, SeaMonkey or IceDragon installed?
It can also show the Firefox page if there are some remnants of Firefox in the drive or Registry. Did you ever install Firefox and later uninstall it?

BTW, it is not showing Opera since opera is not installed.

Hi,
There are only IE and Google Chrome. The browsers you mention never was installed.
May be what you tell about Firefox, but I do not remember installed and uninstaller Firefox. Anyway you can see in the attached file the Registry keys found with Registry Finder using keyword "Firefox". With this result report you could know if there are Firefox remnants which could be influencing to show the icon in Erase Your History.
Thanks!!
Attachments
Firefox.rar
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 871 times

FAM07

Post by FAM07 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Aneesh wrote:
FAM07 wrote:Hi,
With respect to the issue about standar user account, I unistalled AU and reinstalled but the problem persisted. All is on Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
Attached is the REG file extracted after fresh installation of AU 5.6 64-bit.
Thanks.
Unzip the attachment. From the 'standard account', run the .REG file to merge it. Run Ace Utilities and see if the issue is resolved.

If this is indeed the case, we've fixed it and will be there in the next upload.

Hi,
The issue was resolved! Thanks!

On the other side and by curiosity I ask why in the standard user account Clean System Registry find 250 erroneous keys and in the administrator account it find 23 erroneous keys. Clean System Registry running in the administrator account should not find at least the same number of keys found within the standard account? It seem to be Remove Junk Files find different number of files from the standar user account too. They are reasons why I use AU within different user accounts.
Thanks a lot for supporting.

FAM07

Post by FAM07 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi,
In Options/Clean System Registry [AU 5.6.0.268 64bit (Win 8.1 64-bit)], when "Use ignore list..." is unchecked, after a scanning of Clean System Registry the unchecked entries of the ignore list are not showed highlighted in red (In Win 7 32 bit yes, that entries appear in red).

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Oct. 7, 2014 / Ace Utilities v5.6.1

* Fixed an error in 'Clean System Registry' where using the tool with the 'Backup in zip format' option set would create a slightly corrupted zip file if it encountered a non-existent registry entry from the list.
* Fixed an error in 'color theme' loading.
* Fixed some errors in the 'backup in zip format' option for tools that allow it.
* Fixed the background color when showing items from the 'ignore-list', for tools that allow it, while scanning.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

saad

Post by saad » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:43 pm

I have a Windows 8.1 64-bit system.

Nothing happens when I click the "Registry Backup and Restore" shortcut in the Start Menu.
Please look at the snapshot1

There should be one ignore file (.ini) entry for all the ignored files in the C:\Program Files\Ace Utilities\Data\Ignore_Junk
Please look at the attached snapshot2
snapshot1.jpg
snapshot2.jpg
Last edited by saad on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:07 am

Thanks Saad, we will check the issues.
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team