Ace Utilities v6.0

Suggest new features for future releases, participate in beta tests and share the results
Aneesh
Site Admin

Ace Utilities v6.0

Post by Aneesh » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Ace Utilities v6.0

Aug 26, 2015
Ace Utilities v6.0 released.

Download page:
http://acelogix.com/download.html

Aug, 24, 2015
* Added 'Cancel' button in the 'Disk Analysis' scan progress window.
* Fixed a crash in the 'Remove Junk Files' tool when the user stops scanning and closes the window.
* The 'Remove Junk Files' tool will now show files only at the end of the scan. This results in a slight gain in speed and less chance for a user interface-freeze.
* Added 'Mark one from each group' context menu for the 'Find duplicate folders' scan if the 'Include subfolders' option is also selected (on user request).
* Added some High DPI themes for systems with font size set to more than 150 dpi.
* Added a new progress bar style.

Aug 18, 2015
* Added options in the installer to enable/disable some entries for Ace Utilities in the Windows Explorer context menu.
* Added context menu option to open the folder of an item in 'Clean System Registry' tool.
* 'Registry Backup' (RegBak) is now compatible with Windows 10. Added option to backup the 'DRIVERS' hive.

Aug 17, 2015
* Minor bug fixes

Aug 15, 2015
* Removed some themes previously provided for Ace Utilities UI.
* Modified the Ace Utilities installer.
* Modified the 'Registry Compactor' tool for Windows 10.

Aug 13, 2015
* Option to disable wipe skipping files on SSDs. Wipe files will not delete files on SSDs. Previously it deleted the files without wiping if on SSD.
* Improved Firefox Local Storage cleaning.
* Improved Firefox Session cleaning
* Improved Firefox password cleaning
* Improved Chrome Session cleaning
* Improved Chrome cache cleaning
* Improved Opera Cookie cleaning
* Improved Opera Session cleaning
* Fixed startup speed in Disk Analysis tool on some systems without a physical floppy drive, but that is still enabled in the BIOS
* Added and updated several plug-ins
* Fixed Auto Start Manager UI freeze on Win10 when selecting 'All'
* Fixed issues in Auto Start Manager related to checking invalid entries in Windows 10.
* Registry Cleaner modified to be compatible with Windows 10.
* Added Microsoft Edge browser support. Clears Cache Cookies, Recently Typed URLs, Saved Form Information (while cleaning Internet Explorer)
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

Mike9874

Re: Ace Utilities 6.0 Beta

Post by Mike9874 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Ok 1st off, I LOVE it!!! Only have been running it on my windows 10 Pro for a few hours, no problems so far. I did find 1 VERY small bug. During the install, the option to pin to task bar didn't work. I had to do this manually. No big deal.

I use junk cleanup and registry clean almost everyday with the old version, since upgrading to win 10 I haven't used my Ace utilities. Today was 1st time. It found over 800 registries
entries which were not needed, I deleted them all, re-booted and had no problems! Did backup 1st. I also used to use the defrag registry option too, but so far I am scared to try
it right now. Did that once in this windows 10, and ended up re-installing windows 10 all over again. Was not your program I used tho. But so far I am having no problems running
this beta under Win 10 Pro. I will have some questions later on about a few things, but not until I play around with this beta.

I have missed my Ace Utilities VERY MUCH!!! So glad you released this beta!!!!! Thank you, Michael....long time user......

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:04 pm

Updated Ace Utilities v6.0 beta.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

Mike9874

Post by Mike9874 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Ok downloaded latest update that you released, installed it this morning, and still has same small bug, this time even thou I had Ace 6.0 beta already on my task bar, it removed it
and only put it on my desktop during the install. Only bug I have found so far. I have been putting it thur lots of things, mostly run cleanup junk files, and registry cleaner.
Windows 10 Pro, seems to put back the same files that Ace removes, both in junk files and registry. This is a known problem with Windows 10 Pro, from what I have read. Don't think this is a Ace problem. In registry I get about 7 files that always come back, same ones. In junk file cleanup, same thing, but it more like 22 to 24 temp files. Again, I believe this to be a problem with Windows 10.

No problems running Ace on windows 10 Pro other than what I have told you about already. I have still not run Registry Defrag ... yet... :D

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Beta updated.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Updated Ace Utilities v6.0 Beta

* Added options in the installer to enable/disable some entries for Ace Utilities in the Windows Explorer context menu.
* Added context menu option to open the folder of an item in 'Clean System Registry' tool.
* 'Registry Backup' (RegBak) is now compatible with Windows 10. Added option to backup the 'DRIVERS' hive.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

saad

Post by saad » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Your program does not detect obsolete traces from the section listed below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products

Mike9874

Post by Mike9874 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Ok d/l latest update. posted on the 18th.
Found a missing description under the Jump List.
Between the option of: Securely Delete Files AND 1-click Cleanup Their is a box with a checkmark but it displays nothing??? just empty space. So whatever that is checkmarked
for, user has no idea.

other than that bug, I am having no problems running Acebeta. No more install issues.

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:26 am

Mike9874 wrote:Ok d/l latest update. posted on the 18th.
Between the option of: Securely Delete Files AND 1-click Cleanup Their is a box with a checkmark but it displays nothing??? just empty space. So whatever that is checkmarked
for, user has no idea.

other than that bug, I am having no problems running Acebeta. No more install issues.
That is for separator line, so it is OK ;)
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

Mike9874

Post by Mike9874 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:56 am

hari wrote:
Mike9874 wrote:Ok d/l latest update. posted on the 18th.
for, user has no idea.

That is for separator line, so it is OK ;)
Ok That's fine, but I still think then it should have a label after the - saying its a separator line. :wink:

siliconman01

Post by siliconman01 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:18 am

Some very nice changes in this new version of AU.

One issue that I've encountered on Windows 10 x64 Professional is that some of the element startup windows do not come to the front when first opened. For example Registry Cleaner and Startup Manager will not come to the front when first opened if other windows are open and running full screen. This is if they are started by their own startup menu icon, not when opening them via the main AU menu.
Home Built ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme with Windows 10x64 Pro; Dell XPS 15 (9575) 2in1 with Windows 11x64 Pro; Dell XPS 8940SE with Windows 10 x64 Pro.

Mike9874

Post by Mike9874 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Ok Over all I am not having any problems for the most part. But every once in a while when I start up Ace Utilities and then run remove junk files, Ace will stop responding and freeze. I shut it down at that point with task manger, then start Ace back up and run remove junk files again, after doing this, Ace will run with no lockup. This has only happened
about 3 times so far. Its an easy fix for me, just have to shut Ace down with Task manger then restart.

Quick questions for the other testers, has anyone tried using the Registry defrag and compactor yet on Win 10??

Mike....

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:40 pm

siliconman01 wrote:Some very nice changes in this new version of AU.

One issue that I've encountered on Windows 10 x64 Professional is that some of the element startup windows do not come to the front when first opened. For example Registry Cleaner and Startup Manager will not come to the front when first opened if other windows are open and running full screen. This is if they are started by their own startup menu icon, not when opening them via the main AU menu.
Please let me know if you using the Skip UAC option.
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Mike9874 wrote:Ok Over all I am not having any problems for the most part. But every once in a while when I start up Ace Utilities and then run remove junk files, Ace will stop responding and freeze. I shut it down at that point with task manger, then start Ace back up and run remove junk files again, after doing this, Ace will run with no lockup. This has only happened
about 3 times so far. Its an easy fix for me, just have to shut Ace down with Task manger then restart.
Mike....
We will check this.
Sometimes it can happen if AU encounters several thousand files in the temp folder. We know a fix, but then we will have to ditch the 'grouping' of items in the list.
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

siliconman01

Post by siliconman01 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:23 pm

hari wrote:
siliconman01 wrote:Some very nice changes in this new version of AU.

Please let me know if you using the Skip UAC option.
Yes, Skip UAC option is check marked. Also I have UAC basically turned off on my system.

I unchecked "Skip UAC" and now the windows for AU elements such as Startup Manager and Registry Cleaner do come to the front. Thanks for the tip.
Home Built ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme with Windows 10x64 Pro; Dell XPS 15 (9575) 2in1 with Windows 11x64 Pro; Dell XPS 8940SE with Windows 10 x64 Pro.