Currently Prefer Version 2.6........ADVISABLE?

General discussion about Acelogix Software products
swaulee

Currently Prefer Version 2.6........ADVISABLE?

Post by swaulee » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:07 am

Hi
I have been using AU for over a year now and STILL think it is simply the finest program of it's type. I have also made a number of suggestions that I am happy to say were actually used. I am currently using version 2.6 and up until now have been constantly updating each version. In version 3 I found a few changes (minor) that I did'nt really care for but they are just a matter of personal preference. My question is: am I OK continuing to use 2.6(for now)OR were there any major changes made in 3.0 that would make it advisable to go to that version? In ANY event I no plans whatsoever to go to ANY other utility...........now or any other time. Actually, I recommend AU whenever the subject comes up. This is the ONLY "clean-up" program that made both this machine (XP with SP2) AND my other machine with 98SE actually run noticably faster. :D

Thanks, Radioguy

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 am

Can you let us know what you liked about 2.6 ?
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:20 pm

Even if you change your current version to 3.0, you won't experience any resource hog or any problem that would hamper the comfort level you have had using version 2.6
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

swaulee

Version 2.6

Post by swaulee » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:24 am

Hi Hari and Aneesh
This is really no biggie.I just got used to the way this version works. Actually it is just like the previous versions except for the small changes that were made along the way. I don't really see the need for the icon in the task bar either but someone already made a comment on that and I guess making it an option would be a good idea. I noticed the change in the "tab" system but after a while realized that you really have to push "exit" anyway to go to the next screen. I really start "nitpicking" things when I see changes............it's just me!!! LOL
I probably will put the new version in simply because if I don't I be constantly worried about not having some new improvement that I'm not aware of,although ALL versions work great! Up until now the operation and settings have been very straightforward and in reality they STILL ARE it's just that whenever I see some new option that I don't fully understand I get annoyed simply because I'm one of those people that resists change sometimes ie "if it ain't broke don't fix it" NOT TO WORRY,I'LL SURVIVE!!! LOL.... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

RADIOGUY

swaulee

Post by swaulee » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:22 am

Hi Hari et al
Just installed the new version (again) and got used to it very quickly. I even like the new feature to securely delete temp files and registry entrys during the scan. Also now enjoying the elimination of the tabs. Just go's to show you how good this program really is when someone a picky as me can only find such very subtle annoyances. Anyway..............NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Radioguy

pradeep

oh, eh

Post by pradeep » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:11 pm

Radioguy wrote:Hi
What exactly do you mean when you say "Hi"?