Excluded folders (Remove Junk Files)

General discussion about Acelogix Software products
FAM07

Excluded folders (Remove Junk Files)

Post by FAM07 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi, my question is about the Remove Junk Files Exclude setting. I uncheck some folders (system32 and restore/system volume information) and close the setting dialog. Inmediatly I open the Exclude setting and that supoused unchecked folders are checked. Another case: I remove those folders, open again the Exclude setting and they appear again and they are checked. Therefore I observed that those folders never will be considered by Remove Junk Files to be cleaned. Is it an issue or is it a normal behaviour of the utility? Thank you in advance.

Aneesh
Site Admin

Re: Excluded folders (Remove Junk Files)

Post by Aneesh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Certain important folders are excluded by default. The changes you tried to make were upon a few of such folders and hence the behavior.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

FAM07

Post by FAM07 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:47 pm

It will be good if ALL items of exclude folders to be unselected or selected depending on the user preference and risk. This could be important for find certain files in the complete system after uninstalling determined programs.
That is, the user will get the possibility of scan all folders and files of C:\ and find exactly the searched ones.

FAM07

Post by FAM07 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi
Can you review this topic about Exclude Folder list? Will be posible to uncheck all folders of that list in a next AU version?
Thank you

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:43 am

OK, we will see if we can make that change.
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team