Why pay extra for Ace Utilities 64-bit license key!

General discussion about Acelogix Software products
saad

Why pay extra for Ace Utilities 64-bit license key!

Post by saad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:31 am

I am a registered user of your Ace Utilities and Registry TuneUp. I have a desktop and a laptop. My laptop has 64 bit operating system. I wanted to get a license key for 64 bit operating system. I have sent an e-mail to your support dept. They have sent me a link to buy a license key for 64 bit Ace Utilities.

I feel for a registered user of Ace Utilities there should be no extra charge to get a 64 bit license key.

Aneesh
Site Admin

Re: Why pay extra for Ace Utilities 64-bit license key!

Post by Aneesh » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 am

64-bit version requires rewriting the program and maintaining it that way. It's like double the effort. :-\
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

amerifax

Post by amerifax » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:46 am

I agree you have to make a profit but... There is a bit of missunderstanding on the purchase. I only wish There would be a faster way to correct,purchase, and more on.
Bob

ASM

Post by ASM » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Frankly, I don't see the the reason why pay xtra for 64 bit, I have NitroPDF, Agnitum Outpost (lifetime), Eset Antivirus, O&O Defrag and Zoner Photo Pro... all these developers didn't required owner to pay for 64bit license.

somejuan

Post by somejuan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:07 pm

On your products page for Ace Utilities, you advertise that when you pay for a license, you get "free upgrades for a lifetime!" I paid $29.95 for the 32-bit version when that was all that was available. I thought you said you give your customers free upgrades for a lifetime!? So how can you justify charging me to upgrade to the 64-bit version of your software? That is an upgrade...yes? I have 2 reasons that this is a bad business decision:

1 - You had to develop the 64-bit version to survive - not to please an elite subset of customers.All systems will eventually HAVE to be 64-bit systems to be able to address the increased memory requirements of todays technology. Besides that, many if not most people who are running 64-bit operating systems did not choose 64-bit, do not even know they are running 64-bit, or do not care about 64-bit. That's just what the system came with.

2 - You are penalizing your best assets, your current customers!
You are not charging new customers more for the 64-bit version - its the same price for both! So choosing to "tap into" the pocketbooks of your current committed customers to try to recoup your costs is clearly penalizing your loyal customers!
You may want to re-think this policy of alienating your best assets...the same ones who have been giving you the best kind of advertising and PR you could EVER buy...for FREE!

I paid for free upgrades for life and am now being charged to upgrade. I feel lied to and am losing faith in your company...and I promise you that I am not the only one who feels this way! Every person that complains represents hundreds who feel the same way but didn't bother to tell you about it. I recommend you consider the expense of redeveloping your software as the cost of staying relevant in this rapidly changing industry, instead of punishing your loyal customers and breaking your promises.

Cal

Post by Cal » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:58 pm

There are a lot of apps out there that users have to renew (Pay for) every year! It's only FAIR that Ace Utilities 64-bit should be purchased and NOT be a FREE upgrade to Ace Utilities 32-bit users. One has to know the EXTRA work that goes into developing the 64-bit app that the developers should be compensated for their hard work!!!
Regards
Cal