Cookies

Discuss problems regarding Acelogix Software products and find solutions
Iceman

Cookies

Post by Iceman » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Using Windows XP, just re-subscribed to Acelogix 5.8.0.

Issue being Cookie removal. Too convoluted. I like the old way of just 'Remove Unchecked' cookies. Now I have to go through the listing and manually uncheck each one I WANT to have removed!? Also, '.google' and it's sub -cookies wont UN-check. Only when I got to the right column and highlight it will it be removed. In fact, I just go to the right column and highlight ALL the cookies and remove them. Problem being, after I do this, there are still cookies listed (unchecked) in the left hand column. THEN when I close out of the program and re-open it and go to the cookies page, there in the left column are a slew of cookies...CHECKED! And why not put an 'Uncheck All' button or a 'Check All' button, giving us the option?

hari
Site Admin

Re: Cookies

Post by hari » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:00 am

Hi Iceman,

When you clear the right side list, we automatically exclude some sites, that is why there are still some checked items.

There is still a 'Remove unchecked cookies' button at the bottom left corner.

You can click 'Uncheck all' option from a right click context menu inside the left list.

Leave at least one item in the right side list and click 'Uncheck all' from the context menu.
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:52 am

So it is Acelogix contention that Google can have a stronghold on your software allowing it to NOT be un-checked? Yes I can remove it from the right side coloumn but that's irrelevant as to why I can't un-check it from the left hand side.

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:39 am

Seems a bug in the program due to two entries related to google in the right side list (".google" and ".google.com").

You have to remove both from the right side list.

We will fix it in the next update.
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:30 am

It's way more than that!
I go to 'Cookie Manager', I'm forced to highlight ALLLLLL the cookies in the right column, then click on Remove. It (supposedly) deletes the cookies in the right hand column and UNchecks but NOT remove the cookies in the LEFT column! I then proceed to 'Delete Unchecked Cookies' for the left column and while SOME are deleted, Google, Pintrest and Flickr are left standing...though UN-checked. Sometimes I'll go to delete the left column and ALL of the cookies will remain...BUT UN-checked.
NOW, here's where it gets interesting...even more so! I close the program and then reopen it. What do you think I see when I open 'Cookie Manager'? In the left column, the aforementioned 3 programs that would NOT get deleted NOW are CHECKED and in the right column ALLLLLL the cookies that were highlighted and supposedly deleted are in fact STILL in the right column! Why did you make something that was sooooooo easy before NOW more complex!?

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:23 pm

The right side list is the exclude list. When a user deletes all the items from the exclude list, Ace Utilities thinks the user has not configured it and keeps a default list of cookies. That is what you are seeing.

We will change the behavior to not keep any cookies by default even if the exclude list (right list) is empty.
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Sounds like a good move to me. Thanks.