Keyboard 'Tab' Useage

Discuss problems regarding Acelogix Software products and find solutions
csleech

Keyboard 'Tab' Useage

Post by csleech » Mon May 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi,

I noticed today, when trying to run the product on a computer that is having some issues with USB support that the 'Tab' functionality to move item selection does not work in application sub-menus. What I mean by this is launch Ace and you can use the tab key to advance/change selections on the main page. Select the "Remove Junk Files" or any other item and dialog for that item comes up, now the tab key does not function to change options. This is a problem, at least in this case, where I am trying to fix a machine that doesn't have a functioning mouse...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Aneesh
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard 'Tab' Useage

Post by Aneesh » Mon May 03, 2010 6:41 pm

There is no 'Tab' functionality in tools, but there are keyboard shortcuts for various actions. For example, in the case of 'Remove Junk Files': Ctrl +S for scan, Ctrl + Del for deletions, Ctrl+O for options and 'Esc' to stop scanning. After scanning, you can use the the 'Up/Down' arrow keys to get access to the list. You cannot access the context menu or the 'select drives' list without mouse-clicks at this time, though. :--\ We'll fix it.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

csleech

Re: Keyboard 'Tab' Useage

Post by csleech » Mon May 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks for the info Aneesh, it's good to know there are some shortcuts. That should take care of what I need for now. :D