Ace Utilities v5.5.0.542

Suggest new features for future releases, participate in beta tests and share the results
Aneesh
Site Admin

Ace Utilities v5.5.0.542

Post by Aneesh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Ace Utilities v5.5.0.542

Sep. 30, 2013
Ace Utilities v5.5.0 released.

Download:
http://acelogix.com/download2.html
OR
http://acelogix.com/download.html
------------------------

Sept 10, 2013

* 'Import complete/Export complete' messages after importing and saving settings.
* Added an 'Analyze' feature in the 'Erase Your History' tool. Also, the results of the cleaning are now shown after the erase is complete.
* Compatible with Opera 15 and above
* Option to delete the cache and the cookies of Firefox, Opera and Chrome from all user accounts.
* Improved history cleaning for Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
* Fixed an issue in the 'Fix Invalid Shortcuts' related to multiple user accounts.
* Firefox cookie cleaning now include HTML5 localstorage and HTML5 OfflineCache.
* Cookie Manager now shows Internet Explorer's cookies from all user accounts (if the corresponding option is set).
* Cookie Manager now shows Internet Explorer's DOMStore (HTML5 localstorage) and UserData.
* Cookie Manager now shows Flash cookies (LSO) from Internet Explorer and Chrome.
* Cookie Manager and 'Erase Your History' tool auto-detects installed Browsers.
* 'Erase Your History' now cleans Internet Explorer's FeedCache, DOMStore and UserData folders.
* Added more plugins including 'Microsoft Silverlight', DirectX
* Added auto-detect button for 'Erase Your History' > 'Applications' page.
* 'Remove Junk Files' now finds files from other user's 'Temp' folders.
* Cleans Chromium based browsers Chrome Canary, SRWare Iron, CoolNovo, Comodo dragon, RockMelt and Yandex.
* Cleans Firefox based browsers SeaMonkey, Pale Moon, Waterfox and Comodo Icedrago.
* Cookie Manager shows Chrome's HTML5 localstorage. Deleting cookies will delete it.
* History cleaner deletes some sections from Chrome's 'Preferences' file that stores browsing history
* Added new option to delete Application compatibility history
* Modified 'Clean your Registry' > 'Sounds' scanning.
* Modified 'Cookie Manager' and 'Erase Your History' to be compatible with Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8.
* Added a status bar for 'Erase Your History'.
* Changed the 'plugin' format. Now a single file is used for all the built-in plugins. User created plugins have to be recreated with pluginmaker. These are now stored in custom.ini.
* Updated the 'PluginMaker' to allow the changes in the plugin format.
* Removed the 'Info' panel from 'Auto-start Manager'. Will add in a future release after updating the database.
* Updated cleaning of the Apple Safari browser.
* Clean System Registry's 'location' column now shows the subkey too. There is no 'subkey' column now.
* Added a new tool to delete 'System Restore Points'.
* Registry Compactor is now built-in to Ace Utilities.
* Added an option to delete Internet Explorer 'saved passwords' in 'Erase Your History'.
* Added an option to delete the 'event logs' in 'Erase Your History'.

Thank you for all your support.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

Aneesh
Site Admin

Re: Ace Utilities v5.5.0.542 Beta

Post by Aneesh » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:11 am

Known issues:

1) 'Erase Your History > Windows > Delete Event Logs' option deletes the log entries even during 'Analysis' phase.
[FIXED. Not updated yet]
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

siliconman01

Post by siliconman01 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:23 pm

This is on Windows 8 x64 Professional with Internet Explorer 10 as the Default and ONLY browser.

In Erase Your History>Internet Explorer, the "Delete Adobe/Macromedia flash cache and cookies" module being set active to clean causes AU to hang with the CPU using ~50% for AU. AU has to be manually aborted.

I confirmed that IE 10 was not in memory at the time. This hang is 100% repeatable when "Delete Adobe/Macromedia flash cache and cookies" is checked to clean.
Home Built ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme with Windows 10x64 Pro; Dell XPS 15 (9575) 2in1 with Windows 11x64 Pro; Dell XPS 8940SE with Windows 10 x64 Pro.

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:31 pm

We'll check it, Thx.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:29 pm

siliconman01 wrote:This is on Windows 8 x64 Professional with Internet Explorer 10 as the Default and ONLY browser.

In Erase Your History>Internet Explorer, the "Delete Adobe/Macromedia flash cache and cookies" module being set active to clean causes AU to hang with the CPU using ~50% for AU. AU has to be manually aborted.

I confirmed that IE 10 was not in memory at the time. This hang is 100% repeatable when "Delete Adobe/Macromedia flash cache and cookies" is checked to clean.
Could you please do the following:

Start 'Erase your history' > Uncheck all sections except 'Internet Explorer'.
Now in the 'Internet Explorer' section, uncheck all options except ''Delete Adobe/Macromedia...' option.
Run 'Analyze'.

What happens? Does the analysis complete? Does it hang?

Also, please let us know your email (PM me) for further troubleshooting.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

siliconman01

Post by siliconman01 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:06 am

Aneesh wrote:
siliconman01 wrote:This is on Windows 8 x64 Professional with Internet Explorer 10 as the Default and ONLY browser.

Could you please do the following:

Start 'Erase your history' > Uncheck all sections except 'Internet Explorer'.
Now in the 'Internet Explorer' section, uncheck all options except ''Delete Adobe/Macromedia...' option.
Run 'Analyze'.

What happens? Does the analysis complete? Does it hang?

Also, please let us know your email (PM me) for further troubleshooting.
"I hate it when this happens". No it does not hang and now running the cleaning process no longer hangs. Everything works fine now. I tried all the options with all the settings that I prefer check marked and everything works just fine. Sorry. :(
Home Built ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme with Windows 10x64 Pro; Dell XPS 15 (9575) 2in1 with Windows 11x64 Pro; Dell XPS 8940SE with Windows 10 x64 Pro.

saad

Post by saad » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:27 am

Norton Internet Security 2014 (21.0.1.3) detect your beta version as a threat.
au.jpg

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 pm

It's because aceutils_beta.exe (Ace Utilities v5.5.0) is a relatively newer file and is not known the 'Norton Community'. This alert will be cleared once we upload the release version; probably tomorrow.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

saad

Post by saad » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:30 am

After the program finishes wiping the Recycle bin, the STOP button still shows as well as the CANCEL button. This doesn't make sense, I think the STOP button should become the START button since it is already finished wiping. For the CANCEL button, I think it should become the CLOSE button.

From the tools window, you should remove the Registry Compacter since there is a separate tab available under Optimize.
au1.jpg
au2.jpg

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:56 am

Ace Utilities v5.5.0 released.

Download:
http://acelogix.com/download2.html
OR
http://acelogix.com/download.html
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

uzi69

Re: Ace Utilities v5.5.0.542

Post by uzi69 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Report Created on 01 Oct 2013, 03:58 PM by Ace Utilities Version 5.5.0.544

Header 1: Location
Header 2: Entry/Name
Header 3: Data
Header 4: Reason
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{DF4FCC34-067A-4E0A-8352-4A1A5095346E}
{KEY}

Empty CLSID
Total 1 item(s)

window 7 sp1 ultimate x64

au 5.5.0.544 64bit

activex & com checked, as well as thorough scanning method, can not delete

regards

saad

Post by saad » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:41 am

Can we have this feature in the next release of Ace Utilities?

I have 4 user accounts on the system. From one user account, I can scan & fix, search and compact all other user accounts registry hives (NTUSER.DAT) also.
au.jpg
Last edited by saad on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:38 am

Doesn't 'Clean System Registry' has this? :--|
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

saad

Post by saad » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Aneesh wrote:Doesn't 'Clean System Registry' has this? :--|
It does clean System Registry. I'm using this program for the last 7 years. I have used this on Win XP, Vista, 7, 8 and now on 8.1. It is one of the best registry cleaner & registry compactor available on the market. You should try running this on your PC just to checkout the features of this program. I'm sending you the program's name in a PM.

FAM07

Post by FAM07 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:24 pm

I know the program that saad mentioned. It would be great if I A.Utilities could incorporate some registry performance characteristics from that program. The drawback of that program is that it lacks cleaning capabilities such as disk cleanup. I think the wrong with the A.Utilities. Registry Cleaner is related to a problem with a particular key; in this case the developer excludes everything about a word. For example, if there is a problem with 1 key related to Office, in the next version release, it seem to be the developer excludes everything related to Office, and then scanning efficiency and registry repair decrease.