Add Wipe Free Space To Scheduled Maintenance

Suggest new features for future releases, participate in beta tests and share the results
Keizer

Add Wipe Free Space To Scheduled Maintenance

Post by Keizer » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:43 am

Oh yeah, and empty recycle bin too please... :)
Last edited by Keizer on Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cal

Post by Cal » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:02 am

Hmmmmm!
Regards
Cal

Cal

Post by Cal » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:16 am

The key word here is "Option"! The user would have to schedule this to occur, therefore having the foresight to know at which time the action would not interfere with any computing operations, which of course would be at a time when the PC is not being used or not going to be used any time soon. The control is in the users hand to Schedule or not, but the "Option" is there through AU. And I think it would be good to have such an option since it would give the user more flexibility.

Now, when it comes to the Recycle Bin I wouldn't agree to that since AU has a context option to wipe it. Plus, it’s always in view and a user should pay attention to it on a regular bases. One shouldn't let the trash receptacle in their home run over and the Recycle Bin should be regarded in the same way since its trash from a user’s PC system!
Regards
Cal

jazzbodepew

Wiping

Post by jazzbodepew » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:05 am

Yes. The wiping process is such serious business
Would'nt it be best to do it in dedicated time..I have lost data several times trying to multitask while wiping..
jazz...........aka......DenB........
~ ~
***JAZZ OO SAYS***
ACE----oooO--(_)---Oooo---EXCELS