Non admin user using Ace

General discussion about Acelogix Software products
athegn

Non admin user using Ace

Post by athegn » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:00 pm

I have purchased my registration and installed as administrator, because it would not install as a user. However I am also the normally the only user on this pc but do my work in the user account not the admin account.

I tried to install Ace from my user account but could not. I have found that I cannot shred my user trash bin.

At the moment I go into my admin account. Delete stuff there and shred.

Can I run Ace as in a non admin account and if so how?

Cal

Post by Cal » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:59 am

Hi Athegn

When using Ace Utilities from your user account just "Right-Click" on the Ace Icon and click on "Run as" and type in your password. Also, you can give that user account permission to do what ever you like! Go into control panel>User accounts and follow the instructions! :wink:
Regards
Cal

athegn

Post by athegn » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:40 pm

Cal

Thanks for the reply.

Don't why I did not try that before becasue I am always using Run As.

Brain fade??

athegn

Further problems

Post by athegn » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:13 pm

Having used run as and typed my admin codes I still cannot shred my user recycle bin. I just get a message saying it is empty when it is not.

Can anyone please help?

Cal

Post by Cal » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:14 am

Hi Athegn

Please read the post below by hari it's at the bottom of the page: :wink:

http://acelogix.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ecycle+bin
Regards
Cal

athegn

Post by athegn » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:02 pm

Cal

My problem was slightly different in that I could not shred the recycle bin of a user.

I have now rmdir from my admin account and can now shred the user recycle bin. However the bin icon remains at full even though it is now empty. If I add some more to the bin the manually empty it the icon returns to empty.

Does the mean that Ace does not reset the user recycle icon when it shreds?

Cal

Post by Cal » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:57 am

athegn wrote:Cal

My problem was slightly different in that I could not shred the recycle bin of a user.

I have now rmdir from my admin account and can now shred the user recycle bin. However the bin icon remains at full even though it is now empty. If I add some more to the bin the manually empty it the icon returns to empty.

Does the mean that Ace does not reset the user recycle icon when it shreds?

Don't know Athegn, this is something for Hari (Author of AU) to answer. How about emailing him. Just go to the software site here http://www.acelogix.com/ and click on "Contact" at the top right-hand corner of the web page. :wink:
Regards
Cal