Ignore List Editor for the C:\Windows\Temp folder

Discuss problems regarding Acelogix Software products and find solutions
FAM07

Ignore List Editor for the C:\Windows\Temp folder

Post by FAM07 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:57 am

Hi, my issue is with the Ignore List Editor of working on Remove Junk Files tool (Ace Utilities v5.2.3 64 bit).

In my system (Windows Vista H.Premium 64-bit) there is a file which is neccessary for the correct functioning of EPSON printer icon in the task bar. The file is associated with a windows start element and can be seen in the Column "Comand" of Auto-Start Manager tool.

The file is "E_S4B30.tmp" and it is located in C:\Windows\Temp.

The problem is when I add this file to Ignore List Editor by right click/Highlighted Item(s)/Exclude Always (Never find again). Then I check in Options/Ignore List Editor and the file is present, all ok. But when I run the Remove Junk Files tool the file "E_S4B30.tmp" appears again (in "Temp Files in 'C:\Windows\Temp' " item). If I uncheck "Clean Temp folder (recommended)" in Remove Junk Files Options, the file "E_S4B30.tmp" does not found by the scanner. But I am interested in CLEAN the Temp folder ["Clean Temp folder (recommended)" checked] with the only exception of the file "E_S4B30.tmp". How do I have to do for this?
Could be a bug of Ignore List Editor?
Thanks for comments.

Aneesh
Site Admin

Re: Ignore List Editor for the C:\Windows\Temp folder

Post by Aneesh » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:56 pm

In the 'Options > Ignore list Editor', select 'Remove Junk Files' from the drop-down list. Click 'Add' and try giving the entry as:

E_S4B30.tmp /t

Click 'Save' and then 'OK' to close the 'Options' box. Try scanning now.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

FAM07

Post by FAM07 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:06 am

The method was effective.
I tried added the entry as "C:\Windows\Temp\E_S4B30.tmp /t" or "E_S4B30.tmp /t", the two forms were the same to preventing the file deletion.

I see that the procedure "right click/Highlighted Item(s)/Exclude Always (Never find again)" does not properly work, then I would like to know if this issue will be fixed in the next AU version.

Thanks

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:26 pm

The 'exlcude always' option won't work on files in the temporary folder.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

FAM07

Post by FAM07 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Your comment could be only for "C:\Windows\Temp"? Because in the other temporary folder ("C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp") Exclude Always option works fine.
Thanks

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Yes. When you try to exclude the files from the 'appdata\local\temp' folder, the 'Remove Junk Files' tool automatically adds '/t' at the end.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.