Ace Utilities v6.0

Suggest new features for future releases, participate in beta tests and share the results
Mike9874

Re: Ace Utilities 6.0 Beta

Post by Mike9874 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 pm

We will check this.
Sometimes it can happen if AU encounters several thousand files in the temp folder. We know a fix, but then we will have to ditch the 'grouping' of items in the list.[/quote]

Well AU has never found several thousand files in any of my temp folders.....its always just around 20 to maybe 30 files, nothing even close to thousands. Just so u know. :D

Mike9874

Post by Mike9874 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:45 am

You know the small problems I am having just might not even be AU's fault. Windows 10 is still not a stable build. Microsoft comes out with new updates EVERY week.
I am hearing we may be getting a fixpack sooner than Oct. SP1 That will add more features, that still are missing, and of course bug fixes. So I wouldn't get too worried that the
problems I am having is actually AU's fault. Just my opinion. Mike..

Mike9874

Post by Mike9874 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Ok guys I just tried the Defrag/compacter for my registry then rebooted. No problems at all. Of course I made backups of my registry, Hard Drive, and made a restore point BEFORE trying to defrag my registry. So far no problems. Just thought I would let you know.
Mike.

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Mike9874 wrote:Ok guys I just tried the Defrag/compacter for my registry then rebooted. No problems at all. Of course I made backups of my registry, Hard Drive, and made a restore point BEFORE trying to defrag my registry. So far no problems. Just thought I would let you know.
Mike.
thanks, glad to know :D
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Updated v6.0 beta.

Aug, 24, 2015
* Added 'Cancel' button in the 'Disk Analysis' scan progress window.
* Fixed a crash in the 'Remove Junk Files' tool when the user stops scanning and closes the window.
* The 'Remove Junk Files' tool will now show files only at the end of the scan. This results in a slight gain in speed and less chance for a user interface-freeze.
* Added 'Mark one from each group' context menu for the 'Find duplicate folders' scan if the 'Include subfolders' option is also selected (on user request).
* Added some High DPI themes for systems with font size set to more than 150 dpi.
* Added a new progress bar style.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

Mike9874

Post by Mike9874 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:48 am

Found a small display problem in one of the screens in jump list.
Right under the title Jump List .... it says... "Add or remove actions in the jump list of the Ace Utilities' pinned icon in the Windows" the next word "taskbar" is placed below
and is cutoff almost by the square box. You can only see very little of the word "taskbar"

minor problem....but you should know about it.
I downloaded latest build today, have run it a lot, no problems, no lockups, runs nice as far as I have tested on my computer, so far. :D

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:07 am

Mike9874 wrote:Found a small display problem in one of the screens in jump list.
Right under the title Jump List .... it says... "Add or remove actions in the jump list of the Ace Utilities' pinned icon in the Windows" the next word "taskbar" is placed below
and is cutoff almost by the square box. You can only see very little of the word "taskbar"

minor problem....but you should know about it.
I downloaded latest build today, have run it a lot, no problems, no lockups, runs nice as far as I have tested on my computer, so far. :D
Oops, will fix it before the release. Thanks Mike.
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

Aneesh
Site Admin

Post by Aneesh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:58 pm

Ace Utilities v6.0 released.

Download page:
http://acelogix.com/download.html
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

uzi69

Re: Ace Utilities v6.0

Post by uzi69 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:46 pm

for testing purpose i never opened or modified IE,untouched default settings, clean windows install

win 7 ultimate x64
clean install au 6.0.0.282
erase your history
microsoft edge - ie (all checked)
start cleaning
can not interrupt scan in progress by clicking on stop, need to wait process to finish

regards :wink:

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:58 am

uzi69 wrote:for testing purpose i never opened or modified IE,untouched default settings, clean windows install

win 7 ultimate x64
clean install au 6.0.0.282
erase your history
microsoft edge - ie (all checked)
start cleaning
can not interrupt scan in progress by clicking on stop, need to wait process to finish

OK, will check the issue, thanks.
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

uzi69

Post by uzi69 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:32 pm

also check erase your history - misc items, scanning takes to long, and it is impossible to cancel process with stop loading button

as well as erase your history - plugins, checked all, auto detect button (upper icon) doesnt do anything when all plugins are checked, it should uncheck plugins that are not installed

regards

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:49 am

uzi69 wrote:also check erase your history - misc items, scanning takes to long, and it is impossible to cancel process with stop loading button

as well as erase your history - plugins, checked all, auto detect button (upper icon) doesnt do anything when all plugins are checked, it should uncheck plugins that are not installed
1. Actually it the same as Windows DiskCleanup tool. It will try to calculate the total size to be cleared and so will take some time at startup (like the DiskCleanup tool). After it starts, it is out of our control :(
We can only tell it to stop and wait.

2. Sure, will do that.

cheers
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team

uzi69

Post by uzi69 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:02 pm

me again :D

just installed kaspersky internet security 2016

check this

Report Created on 31 Aug 2015, 05:00 PM by Ace Utilities Version 6.0.0.282

Header 1: Location
Header 2: Entry/Name
Header 3: Data
Header 4: Reason
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HKCU\Software\KasperskyLab\AVP16.0.0\SafeBanking
LnkName
C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\Safe Money.lnk
[Invalid Path: 'Data' Column]
HKU\S-1-5-21-3870686616-2038995803-2375797353-1000\Software\KasperskyLab\AVP16.0.0\SafeBanking
LnkName
C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\Safe Money.lnk
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP16.0.0\environment
DefaultVaultLocation
C:\Encryption
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP16.0.0\Installer\StubComponents
mklif.sys_ksos_stub_X64_NT600
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.0\KLIFX86\
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP16.0.0\Installer\StubComponents
klmouflt.sys_ksos_stub_X64_NT600
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.0\KLMOUFLTX86\
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP16.0.0\settings
LoginImage
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.0\skin\images\lgnkis.png
Total 6 item(s)

Mike9874

Post by Mike9874 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:28 pm

Well still have the problem of AU "not responding" freezing on removing junk files. But, does not freeze if I choose delete screen right away. Only freezes when I click Cancel to view the
files AU wants to remove, then soon as I start to scroll down to view the files, it will freeze I use Task manager to shut AU down at that point, fire up AU again, do the same thing as before, and AU will run fine, does not lockup when I view the files it wants to remove. I can not actually repeat this in any way either. Its random. But, its only program on my computer
that locks up. Think most of the time when it does do this, its after a reboot. If that helps. But if I choose delete right after it scans junk files, no problems.

Take care, Mike.

hari
Site Admin

Post by hari » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:44 pm

Mike9874 wrote:Well still have the problem of AU "not responding" freezing on removing junk files. But, does not freeze if I choose delete screen right away. Only freezes when I click Cancel to view the
files AU wants to remove, then soon as I start to scroll down to view the files, it will freeze I use Task manager to shut AU down at that point, fire up AU again, do the same thing as before, and AU will run fine, does not lockup when I view the files it wants to remove. I can not actually repeat this in any way either. Its random. But, its only program on my computer
that locks up. Think most of the time when it does do this, its after a reboot. If that helps. But if I choose delete right after it scans junk files, no problems.

Take care, Mike.

Do you have 'sort' enabled? If so, by which column?
regards,
Hari, Acelogix Team