Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Suggest new features for future releases, participate in beta tests and share the results
Aneesh
Site Admin
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:12 am

Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by Aneesh » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Ace Utilities v5 Beta

This version has:
* A new GUI
* New 'Disk Analysis' module
* Support for Google's Chrome browser


Also had some minor fixes:
* Fixed Opera 'cache' location not being cleared while erasing Opera browser history
* Fixed minor bug in clearing Windows Prefetch



Update - 08-May-2009
--------------------------------
v5 Beta updated.

* Internet Explorer 8 support
* Windows 7 beta support
* Few minor GUI changes, fixes for bugs submitted by users

Expected release date: Within 1 week.


Interested users can download the version 5 and test it on their systems.

Update - 24-May-2009
--------------------------------
* Ace Utilities v5 released.

We would like to thank the users for their continuing support.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

elena28
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:45 pm

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by elena28 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:14 am

hi!

it works great but it doesnt clear opera history. now it does find the profile folder, but i doesnt clear the cookies. i tested it on opera 9.60 beta.
i use vista sp1 64 bits.

Aneesh
Site Admin
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:12 am

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by Aneesh » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi,

I just tested Ace Utilities with Opera v9.52 and v9.6Beta on Vista x64. 'Erase History > Opera' is working as expected. I hope Opera is not running in the background while you ran 'Erase History'.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

elena28
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:45 pm

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by elena28 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:17 pm

yes, that was the problem.
it does clear cookies but not the adress bar. all the adresses i write are still there after erasing history. check it out and see.

Aneesh
Site Admin
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:12 am

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by Aneesh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:24 am

Hi,

We just checked the issue again. But it seems to be working perfectly fine. Please check the 'Erase History > Opera' sub-section to verify that 'Address Bar History' is selected to be cleaned.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

elena28
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:45 pm

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by elena28 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:52 am

i have done that, but it still doesnt clean the adress bar.

Aneesh
Site Admin
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:12 am

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by Aneesh » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi,

So far we have not been able to simulate the problem here, though we'll continue to test it.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

ogy
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by ogy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Hello,
I can't exclude "chk" files from scaning in Junk file cleaner.
"chk" is unchecked but after a scan they are included in the results.
I think its a bug.
Marking(cheking) plug-ins is still one by one, very dificult.
I wish, there is a option to chek mark all plug-ins like STU

Sorry for my bad English.

Aneesh
Site Admin
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:12 am

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by Aneesh » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:37 pm

You cannot save the changes you make while you are in the 'Default' or 'Emergency' preset profiles.

To exclude a particular extension:

* Go to 'Ace Utilities > Options > Remove Junk Files'
* In the 'Select Profile' area, create a new profile by typing a new name and then click 'Save Profile'.
* Now, in this new profile, you can add/exclude the extentions you want.

Plugins:

* Right-click inside the plugin list and select 'Check All' from the menu.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

ogy
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by ogy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Aneesh wrote:You cannot save the changes you make while you are in the 'Default' or 'Emergency' preset profiles.

To exclude a particular extension:

* Go to 'Ace Utilities > Options > Remove Junk Files'
* In the 'Select Profile' area, create a new profile by typing a new name and then click 'Save Profile'.
* Now, in this new profile, you can add/exclude the extentions you want.
Doesn't work on my system.
Selected new profile, saved profile, uncheked "chk" extention but after a scan, "chk" files are shown and deleted if press "dlete all"
Attachments
1.png
1.png (29.88 KiB) Viewed 34645 times
2.png
2.png (61.69 KiB) Viewed 34772 times

lexa77
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by lexa77 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Beta is beta. But this beta is not bad! :D
One little bug. Example: there are 100 files in Recycle Bin. From context, or from Ace itself you wipe them.
Look to the top of Ace`s window. You will always see" Wiping 1 of 100" or "1 of 3455".
This field is static. Last version with dynamic was 4.1.1.
Several words about Opera`s history and cash.
If using Marina (Opera 9.2*)-all right.
If using Kestrel (Opera 9.5-9.60)-not all right, because Opera Kestrel has another method of writing history.
Look to Opera`s profile...
Dear Aneesh, if you could do cleaning "vps" automatically-it will be great!
Ace Utilities are my sweet-sweet :) Great programm.

lexa77
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:15 pm

A few crytical words.

Post by lexa77 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Have downloaded bete an hour ago...
It seems to me there is one mistake.
In clearing history Mozilla is absent.
But Mozilla Team continues Mozilla. Now it calls SeaMonkey (all-in-one Internet application suit). Methods of history and cash in Mozilla itself and SeaMonkey are the same. Could you return Mozilla (or SeaMonkey) back? Just for me-SeaMonkey is my second browser (first-Opera).
And maybe a bug: in Registry Cleaning I see a string like this-
C:\Users\Лёха\Desktop\aufull_beta.exe (Лёха-my name in Russian).
I do next: Highlited Item(s)----Exclude Always(Never find again).
But in IgnoreList Editor I see this:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\
and thats it. Absolutely all mistakes in Registry in "Users" will be ignored. Am I right?

Aneesh
Site Admin
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:12 am

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by Aneesh » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:21 pm

ogy wrote:
Aneesh wrote:You cannot save the changes you make while you are in the 'Default' or 'Emergency' preset profiles.

To exclude a particular extension:

* Go to 'Ace Utilities > Options > Remove Junk Files'
* In the 'Select Profile' area, create a new profile by typing a new name and then click 'Save Profile'.
* Now, in this new profile, you can add/exclude the extentions you want.
Doesn't work on my system.
Selected new profile, saved profile, uncheked "chk" extention but after a scan, "chk" files are shown and deleted if press "dlete all"
Hi,

We'll check it. Thank you for trying the beta version.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

Aneesh
Site Admin
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:12 am

Re: Ace Utilities v5 Beta

Post by Aneesh » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:42 pm

lexa77 wrote:Beta is beta. But this beta is not bad! :D
One little bug. Example: there are 100 files in Recycle Bin. From context, or from Ace itself you wipe them.
Look to the top of Ace`s window. You will always see" Wiping 1 of 100" or "1 of 3455".
This field is static. Last version with dynamic was 4.1.1.
Several words about Opera`s history and cash.
If using Marina (Opera 9.2*)-all right.
If using Kestrel (Opera 9.5-9.60)-not all right, because Opera Kestrel has another method of writing history.
Look to Opera`s profile...
Dear Aneesh, if you could do cleaning "vps" automatically-it will be great!
Ace Utilities are my sweet-sweet :) Great programm.
Hi,

We just ran a couple of test runs of 'Wipe Recycle Bin' tool. Every time we used a random number of files (100+, 1000+ files etc). Each time the tool showed the proper number of file being deleted as expected, both during wiping using context menu option and wipe using Ace Utilities > Protect sub-section.

When we tested, the Opera 9.60 history, cookies, address bar URLs and cache files are being properly cleaned while running 'Erase History > Opera' section. Since another user has also quoted this issue, we'll continue testing.

Thank you for participating in the beta testing.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

Aneesh
Site Admin
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:12 am

Re: A few crytical words.

Post by Aneesh » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:43 pm

lexa77 wrote:Have downloaded bete an hour ago...
It seems to me there is one mistake.
In clearing history Mozilla is absent.
But Mozilla Team continues Mozilla. Now it calls SeaMonkey (all-in-one Internet application suit). Methods of history and cash in Mozilla itself and SeaMonkey are the same. Could you return Mozilla (or SeaMonkey) back? Just for me-SeaMonkey is my second browser (first-Opera).
And maybe a bug: in Registry Cleaning I see a string like this-
C:\Users\Лёха\Desktop\aufull_beta.exe (Лёха-my name in Russian).
I do next: Highlited Item(s)----Exclude Always(Never find again).
But in IgnoreList Editor I see this:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\
and thats it. Absolutely all mistakes in Registry in "Users" will be ignored. Am I right?
Hi,

We'll check the 'ignore' issue in the 'Clean Registry' Tool.
Regards,
Aneesh,
Acelogix Software Team.

Post Reply